The Coalition depends exclusively on the support of the community to provide items for our clients such as hygiene products, bedding, and diapers. If you are considering doing a donation drive, take a look at our Immediate Needs List for items that are most needed at the Coalition.
If you need ideas on doing a donation drive or fundraising event, check out these two great resources:
- Your Guide to In-Kind Donation Drives
- Your Guide to Fundraising Events
As you are planning a donation drive, consider a couple things:
- Themed drives can be very successful. Host a drive for a specific type of item like hygiene products or baby items or a more specific item such as razors or diapers.
- Schedule a drop-off with the Coalition so we know when to anticipate accepting the donation. We can accept donations between 8 a.m. and 6 p.m. Monday through Friday and by appointment during the weekend.
- Check the list of Immediate Needs to also consider what we are not able to accept, like used clothing, used toys and most furniture. Due to a lack of staff and storage, we have to prioritize what we accept, but work with great community partners who can accept it! Call Coalition staff to find out more.
Current Client Needs:
- Diapers (size 4, 5, and 6)
- Baby wipes and sandwich baggies
- Twin sheet sets (new or gently used)
- Flip flops
- Over the counter medications
- Deodorant (Men and Women)
- Feminine hygiene products
- Towels and wash cloths
- Gift cards to Target, Wal-Mart and Publix for emergency items
Current Supply Needs:
- Office supplies (especially standard copy paper)
- Cleaning supplies
- Latex gloves (size large)
- Paper towels
- Dishwashing detergent
- Laundry detergent
- Lysol disinfectant spray
- Laundry detergent (powder)
- Trash bags (large and kitchen)
- Aluminum foil and plastic wrap
- Gift cards to Office Depot, Staples or Office Max