Coalition for the Homeless values each of our donors and takes their privacy very seriously. We maintain the highest level of confidentiality concerning our donors' contact and financial information. All financial transactions are covered by this policy and are conducted over secure portals. Access to this data is password-protected and limited to authorized Coalition employees.
Information we collect:
The Coalition collects the following personal information from our donors: donor name, acknowledgement name, place of work, amount donated, address, telephone number, and email address.
How we use it:
A donor's personal or financial information is used for internal purposes only. We will never sell, trade, or share donor information, nor will we use it to send information on behalf of other organizations. Unless otherwise notified, we only use a donor's personal or financial information to:
- Distribute receipts for gifts;
- Acknowledge donors for their contribution;
- Inform donors of Coalition events and opportunities;
- Track and analyze donor data, including gift history;
- Comply with current regulations regarding 501(C)(3) reporting;
- Comply with any regulations regarding specific grants or contributions.
Donor Bill of Rights:
- To be informed of the Coalition's mission, the way the Coalition intends to use donated resources, and its capacity to use donations effectively for their intended purposes.
- To be informed of the identity of those serving on the Coalition's Board of Directors and to expect the Board to exercise prudent judgment in its stewardship responsibilities.
- To have access to the Coalition's most recent financial statements.
- To be assured their gifts will be used by the Coalition for the purposes for which they were given.
- To receive appropriate acknowledgement and recognition of all contributions to the Coalition.
- To be assured that information about their donations is handled with respect and with confidentiality to the extent provided by law.
- To expect that all relationships with individuals representing the Coalition be professional in nature.
- To be informed whether those seeking donations are volunteers, employees of the organization or hired solicitors.
- To have the opportunity for their names to be deleted from all mailing lists.
- To feel free to ask questions when making a donation and to receive prompt, truthful and forthright answers.